To register to vote in the City of Springfield you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Springfield
- Be 18 years of age or older on or before Election Day
You may request a Voter Registration Form by calling the Election Commission at (413)787-6190. Or you can download a Mail-In Voter Registration Form by clicking this link.
Where To Register
You may come in and fill out a Voter Registration Form in person at the Springfield Board of Elections.
You can also register in person at the Secretary of State's office at 436 Dwight Street, Room 102.
Effective January 1, 2020, the Automatic Voter Registration process will be implemented as part of the Permit, License, or ID transaction for new applications and renewals.
At any Massachusetts social service agency (including but not limited to) the Department of Transitional Assistance offices, Mass Rehab offices, & the Department of Mental Health offices.
If you would like to register to vote online you may do so by following this link
The Voter Registration Form is available in English and Spanish. Or you may obtain a mail-in Voter Registration Form from the Election Office. Fill it out completely and sign at the bottom; otherwise it will be rejected and sent back to the applicant. Make sure the mail-in Registration Form has an original signature. Mail (DO NOT FAX) the Voter Registration Form to:
Springfield Election Commission
City Hall, Room 8
36 Court Street
Springfield, MA 01103
- Who may register to vote in Springfield?
- Can I register for a friend, family member, or another individual?
- Where do I register?
- Can I register if I am homeless?
- Is identification required to register to vote?
- How do I change my political party?
- How do I change my address for voting?
- How do I change my name for voting?
- When is the Election Commission office open to the public?
- When am I registered to vote?
- How may I verify that I am registered?
- What is my ward and precinct?
- When can I register?
- Is there a deadline to register?
- What is my polling location?
- How do I stay on the voting list?
- How can my group or organization request voter registration forms in bulk?
- What are the the Guidelines to Conduct a Voter Registration Drive?