FY22 GIC OPEN ENROLLMENT IS NOW CLOSED!
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT PROGRAM IS OPEN UNTIL MAY 14TH!!
Wednesday, April 7th to Wednesday, May 5th @ 4:00PM EST
For Changes Effective July 1, 2021 (Fiscal Year 2022)
The annual open enrollment time is here, giving you the opportunity to review your benefit options and choose a new health plan if you desire. If you want to keep your current Group Insurance Commission (GIC) health plan, you do not need to fill out any paperwork. Your coverage will continue automatically. Please take this opportunity to think about what you and your family need in the way of health care. Additionally, please review the list of additional required documents if you have dependents or are turning 65!
Be sure to read your GIC Benefit Decision Guide for annual enrollment details. Please review the material provided during open enrollment, even if you don't plan to make any changes:
- Review the GIC Benefit Decision Guide for benefit and rate changes effective July 1, 2021
- Review the City of Springfield Rates Sheet to see which plan fits into your budget!
- Consider enrolling in a limited network plan to save money every month on your premiums. These plans have the same benefits as the wider network plans, but save money because they have fewer physicians, hospitals, and other providers.
- Contact the plans to find out if your doctors and hospitals still participate in your plan.
- Check on copay tier assignments that affect what you pay when you get physician or hospital services. Copay tiers can change each July 1 with new data.
Your GIC Benefit Decision Guide is an overview of GIC benefits; it is not a comprehensive plan handbook. There may be other services that you and your family need. Contact each plan to find out details about those benefits.
Keep in mind! Once you choose a health plan, you cannot change plans during the year, unless you move out of the plan's service area. If your doctor or hospital leaves your health plan, you must find a new participating provider in your chosen plan.
See the GIC website for the latest annual enrollment news, forms to expedite your decisions, and answers to frequently asked questions. A new Summary of Benefits and Coverage document, as required by federal health care reform, provides a summary of a GIC plan benefits and cost-sharing requirements. View, fill out, print all GIC Forms from our website.
It is now possible to complete and sign GIC Enrollment Forms electronically through a secure email link. Simply call the Enployee Benefits Dept. at (413) 787-6055 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org, provide us with an email address and the link will be forwarded to you immediately.
If you have questions, please contact us via email at email@example.com or call 413-787-6055.
Mark the Date! Enrollment forms must be submitted to the Employee Benefits Dept. no later than Wednesday, May 5, 2021 @ 4:00PM EST.
*Active Employees Only*
Introducing the City’s New FSA & Voluntary Benefits Provider
Enroll April 7, 2021 – May 14, 2021
The City has partnered with American Fidelity (AFA) as our New Supplemental Benefits and Section 125 Plan provider. American Fidelity specializes in servicing public sector employees and currently serves government employees across the country. Along with enrollment, AFA prioritizes benefits education to help you make the best choices for you and your family.
Employees may continue their existing Voluntary Benefit policies with AFLAC and Trustmark through a post-tax payroll deduction; that will continue to be paid on their behalf directly to these vendors by the City. New enrollments with AFLAC will no longer be an option for employees effective June 30, 2021. Trustmark will continue to be an enrollment option for employees beyond June 30, 2021 and more details will be provided in the near future regarding the time period to enroll in Trustmark or make changes to your existing policy outside of open enrollment.
Schedule your AFA appointment today for a personalized meeting with an account manager by using the following web link or call 1-888-279-0067:
- What will be covered during the meeting?
- American Fidelity will confirm your benefits for the upcoming plan year. They will also review pre-tax options, including Flexible Spending Accounts. If you are currently participating in the FSA benefit, you are required to RE-ENROLL for the new plan year July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022.
- What do I need to bring to my appointment?
- You’ll need dates of birth and social security numbers for dependents who are being covered on your benefits. If you're adding a spouse or dependent child, additional documents may be required.
- Will I have the option to find out more about additional supplemental benefits?
- Yes, you’ll be able to learn more about benefit options that could be important to you and your family such as disability insurance, life insurance, and accident insurance protection.
Connecting to your AFA meeting on the date of your appointment:
- Step 1 Your account manager will contact you by phone.
- Step 2 Visit afenroll.support.me through your preferred web browser.
- Step 3 Provide your account manager with your unique PIN to begin screen sharing.
- Step 4 The account manager will walk you through enrollment and educate you on
Flexible Spending Accounts New Annual Contribution Limits
Annual Minimum Annual Maximum
Health Care Accounts $250 $2,750
Dependent Care Accounts $500 $5,000